Sunday, June 9, 2013

This & That, Here & There

Hello there!

You may have noticed I changed my blog a little. I needed a bit more pink in my life. I decided that I am going to post more often, as well. Blogging is such an effective way to document things like traveling and I really don't want this blog to be something else I just sort of let die. Like dogs #1, 2 and 3. We switched to rodents after that.

So what have I been up to lately?

Cambridge, first of all: A lovely town, charming school. I daresay I may like Cambridge more than London itself. Though they are too different to really compare. I went last week and I think I was delighted to just be able to cross the street without panicking about the car on its way to amputating my left leg. It was so very nice to escape the city for a day.















I am not one of those people who normally has suggestions about where to go/what to do when people visit places that I have been. However, I am telling you all that if you ever come to London you need to go to the National Gallery. Hands down my favourite I'm british museum of all time. It's a beautiful building full of amazing art. Since pictures are prohibited, I can't properly communicate its magnificence to you. But just know that the first time I went was Wednesday and I have already returned. If you go to london then please just visit the National Gallery. But go right when it opens at 10 unless you want to be swimming in a sea of adorably uniformed British children on field trips. And trust me when I say that it sounds cuter than it is.

Yesterday I took the train to Brighton with a few girls from my program and my great friend Katie who came to visit me. We shopped a little, laid in the sun, basically did everything I expected we would. I forgot my phone and camera of course so I don't have pictures of Brighton, either. Mom, I wonder if this is where Brighton originated?



This is Katie, I brought her the obligatory Guinness to the train station. It sort of exploded in line to buy her oyster card

Oh! And weirdly enough I kind of ran into some of my great high school friends that happened to be in London last week. Well, they emailed me, but still. The weird thing is that my friends and I are not the type of people that are cool enough to run into each other in Europe. It was just so obscure. We had dinner and then one of my friends Brian left early to meet a girl he had hit on at a museum the previous day. Brian and I became friends about four years ago, three schools ago and two countries ago (including his travels). And let me tell you all how very comforting it is to know that truly, some things just don't change. 

Thank you for reading! I miss you all. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment