Monday, October 14, 2013

I wrote this last week!



I'm writing this in a cute little checkered hallway in my cute little brick filled school filled with cute little french people. My great friend Mary is sitting next to me looking very european in tights and shorts, which is majorly trending over here. I'm trying to post pictures from this weekend to facebook now that there's some sort of decent internet connection (unlike that in my room, which I pay- okay, my mom pays- 15 euro/month for). 

For lunch I had a little salad and some fromage blanc with blackberry jam. It was so delicious. 

But this weekend, let's get back to that. Hold on! They are playing wake me up before you go go in the quad. haha. Now, let's get back to the weekend. I went to Germany, and it was so great. Saturday was spent exploring Heidelberg, a town that was even more charming than I am. Hard to believe, I know. It turns out that my mom has also been there. That's pretty crazy, considering what a little town it is and how we aren't the type of people that often travel Europe. No, that's not true, I'm completely that type of person. I went to an adorable apothecary museum that was really small and really lovely. It was full of beautiful jars and tables, and had the feel of a cottage that was still being occupied. 

I live stuff like that. Really obscure and small museums that are genuinely interesting but not at all overwhelming. It was so homey, and so easy to be in. Unlike going to the Louvre (which is also a great experience, just different), going to apothecary museums in Germany is easy. And things like that are why I love doing things like this. 

Everyone in the GU in Paris program went on the trip and that night we all stayed in a surprisingly nice hotel and drank wine and ate chocolate. We did some serious bonding. 

Sunday was spent at Germany's second largest beer festival. Now they're playing Cher, I kid you not. The beer festival though, was so.much.fun. oh goodness. If you'd like to see just how much fun then you might head on over to facebook and go stalk me. You'll laugh, I promise. Unless you're nanny, then you might cry.

I wrote this last week but never got a change to upload photos, and blog posts without photos are pretty boring, so I waited for the internet necessary for the picktchas.

xoxo

Also, Oscar Hijuelos, and I am mourning him. He had so, so much talent. And I think the world is less valuable without him. 

The photos are of my trip to the Catacombs, which were really very creepy and they made me super uncomfortable. I'm glad I went, but I don't plan on returning. All of the skeletons are from children. Not to mention, it took a lot of stairs to get down there. 





I've resorted to drinking wine before 12. When in Paris...










No comments:

Post a Comment