Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Favorite things in Paris


Now that I’ve been here for three weeks, it’s time to do important things like laundry and blogging. I benefit from the first, you from the second.

I love where I live (on île st. Louis, really easy to locate on a map). It’s in the 4eme arrondissment, a beautiful place full of shopping and crêpes, two of my very favorite things. I’ve bought an inappropriate amount of clothes since I’ve been here. Also, I ate ribs and felt really sick, but it was worth it. From now on though, the only animals I eat are fish and chicken.

Tourists mistake me for a French person all the time. In fact, I get complimented on my English frequently. Only one French person has mistaken me for a Parisian though. Still, I’m proud.

I am going to tell you something I thought I’d never say: I’m tired of bread. They serve it for breakfast lunch and dinner and I’ve almost given it up altogether. It’s just lost its appeal for the moment.

If you want to read more about my life here, you should read my column for the bulletin. It’s online, and since there are editors enforcing my deadline, I actually write weekly.

Since I don’t have much time, I’ll just give you a few of my Parisian favorites:

Food: fromage blac/onctueux
Ice cream: Amorino (I think it’s actually gelato, and not French, but details…)
Place: Shakespeare and Co. bookstore
Chocolate shop: Maison Georges Larnicol (I’ve spent over 30 Euros here)
Thing to do: Read books in English, oh how I miss basic comprehension 
Shopping: around St. Sulpice
Neighborhood: Mine, hands down
Museum: L’Orangerie (as of right now, I haven’t seen enough of anything to make a permanent declaration. This one is incredible though, and small, which is nice)
Boulangerie: I can’t remember the name at the moment, but I can take you there!

Thank you to everyone that has emailed me. Patrice, I loved your email! Even if I don't respond, I still love your emails so please keep sending them :) I miss you all. 

Also, if you'd like my address then pester my mother.

I think that you'll all be relieved to know that I'm really, really happy here. I’m not happy all day every day, but my foundational emotion is joy. 

My goal is to blog about twice a week going forward, so check in on my little website here and there if you're interested. I'm going to oktoberfest this weekend, wish me luck! 

Also, there will be more pictures to come, my internet is so bad that it won't upload any! I know, I have such problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.