Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy New Year!

So as I was reflecting on this past year, I realized that it has been the best one of my life.

Last semester was just wonderful, and I worked my a*s off to get all As, and I had so much fun.

And then I went to London for 6 weeks and was arguably the most cultured I have been in my entire life.

And then I came to Paris and was arguably the most drunk I have been in my entire life.

That's not to say that bad things didn't happen, too, because of course they did. But I'm just really content. In french, if I said Je suis contente, it would mean I am happy. And I think it's kind of nice to remember it that way, that maybe real happiness is being content underneath being happy and being sad. I know, revolutionary stuff.

I have a feeling 2014 will be even better though. Mainly because I'm anticipating visits from some of my favorite people in the world. And also because in a few days I will officially be able to legally drink in every country besides those in which alcohol is illegal for religious reasons.

And last night I hung out with my good friend and we got dinner and then he took me to this Irish Pub in Paris and there was live music that was hilarious and just nice. If that's not a good omen, I don't know what is.

I will be back this week to tell you all about my christmas/holiday adventures in the South of France. The good news is I discovered something groundbreaking regarding my internet: a new cord can change everything. So I have a new internet cord (it's pink) and now people can even see my face on skype. No joke, I asked like seven people to skype yesterday just because I could.

Below, a favorite of mine from 2013. Happy January to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment