Monday, February 17, 2014

When your mom comes to visit

I keep telling my mom that I have seen more of Paris in the last six days with her than I have in the last six months. Which is true. So far we have explored the Jardin des Plantes, Luxembourg gardens, Tuileries, Musée d'Orsay, Louvre, Versailles, Chartres, the tour eiffel, Notre Dame, Shakespeare and Co, the crypt of Notre Dame, the towers of Notre Dame, L'orangerie, Sacre Coeur/Montmartre, the Latin Quarter (lots of falafel) of course, my stomping grounds (île Saint Louis, the Maurais). I feel like such a tourist. It's a nice change though, considering my life in Paris is mainly occupied by sleep, school, running and chocolate.

Judy on the metro (lolz)

Eiffel Tower Climb










My faves


I don't want my mom to leave. It's too nice having her here. She has sort of reignited my spark for Paris. Not that it really went out, but it was wavering for a while. Towards the end of December and through January I didn't feel quite right. It was almost the six month mark and can I tell you that it's hard to be away from home for extended periods of time? Well, I just did. I've had my ups and downs here, but I feel like this is an all time high point and I'm excited for the new semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment