Monday, June 23, 2014

On Leaving My Heart in Paris

The first place I chose to live was Spokane, WA. Suffice it to say, it's really not the type of place you fall madly in love with. Or at least not that type of place for me. I went for the school, I stayed for the school and also for delicious vegan cuisine. But the second that tassel changes from left to right (or is it right to left?) I'm going to be outta there. 

Last summer I went to London. Since it was only a 6 week trip, I can't honestly tell you that I lived there. But it felt longer and it felt really scary at the time. It was the second place I ever chose to live and it was a really big deal to me. It was amazing, but it was really hard. 


Then came Paris. And frankly, she was just a whole new ballgame. Colorful and fun and kind of wild. I actually lived there by myself. For a good while. I went to a french school, I had the metro system down and I felt confident enough showing people around the city. It was scary the first few months, but after that adjustment it was wonderful. 


Maybe I grew up in Paris a little bit, but that's not the point of my story. Paris was the place that I chose to go and then ended up loving. Paris was the best choice I've ever made in my life. The only one sided love affair in which I was never disappointed. What. A. Success. 

And voila, an unsolicited personal history of my life over the past three years. You. Are. Welcome.

As always, thank you for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment